Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sweet Little Lines


 I had the best " line" told to me from a client while at work last week.

 Let me explain this gentleman to you. He is a very funny, elderly man that when he found out my age told me he could never date me because I was too old for him. Did I mention that he is married and roughly around 110 years old? Okay, I am pushing it. He is more like 100. Anyhow, every time he arrives at the salon ( he is not always my client but sometimes I get lucky and inherit him for an appointment ) he makes his way towards me to tell an abundance of jokes. And he is quite the dirty bird. What about his wife? She is a client of the salon as well and is a sweet, sweet woman. I even had to reassure her once that I was not interested in her husband and despite his " comes on's  " him and I would never be an item.  She smiled at me and look disappointed that I wouldn't be taking him off her hands. ( For the record, she does love him.) 

 He is a harmless man and in such a " PC" world we live in I think we need more people like him : light-hearted, funny and not too series. And as much as I tell him that he is a buster I truly do not mind. 

As I  began washing this older fella's hair , who also once resembled Leonardo Dicaprio in his younger years, he looked up to me and said " Kiwi, I wish I could have been a woman, so that way I could have met me." I couldn't help but to laugh and just say " First off, let me say that your the only person I allow to call me Kiwi and secondly, your right." 

 You have to love someone who can just put it out all there. 

 I will be sad one day when he turns 200 and starts forgetting those punch lines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment