Sunday, October 28, 2012

Get Ready For It

I am waiting like most of the northeast for Hurricane Sandy to arrive. In the meantime I am drinking red wine and listening to some Ol' Blue Eyes. Because really, what else am I going to do? And let's face it;  Frank Sinatra's music makes everything a bit better.

As I await for this unwanted storm to show her ugly side I would like to recap on a few things that "went down" today.

I went to the grocery store to pick up a few more items. What I did NOT get was bread, milk or eggs but what I did get was barbecue chicken wings and Oreo's. Oh no! Maybe I should have purchased milk to go with those cookies! Regardless, there was a TON of  frantic people in the grocery store making mad dashes pass me. I was gingerly going about my business in slow motion because I am always clueless what to get in these situations because if you lose power things will spoil. So why all the produce people?

My main observation? The "single" individuals that were just like myself. How do I know this? Because usually "couples" tackle the emergency grocery shopping together, it's a Sunday and I am completely nosey. I check the ring finger (and yes I know rings do come off but they also carry a heavy weight mark when they do) and because each single male had mostly single serving items. So I say the calm before the storm at your local grocery store is a fantastic place to possibly scope out your local singles. Just my own silly little theory.

Moving on I decided to go to Target because I didn't think I could brave this storm without a pair of leggings or a pair of chadeliar earrings. Because during a possibly potentially dangerous hurricane both of these items are highly necessary.

 I am currently not wearing either of my brand new Target finds but I am wearing my New York Jets slippers (They lost today! Shocker!) , a Yankees t-shirt and my wine glass is half-filled. Sounds optimistic!

Let's all keep in mind what is important this evening: being safe and staying buzzed. It's about the only thing getting me through tonight during all these weather warnings on television.

Whatever is going to happen is, well, going to happen. "That's Life" ~Frank Sinatra








No comments:

Post a Comment