Sunday, February 19, 2012

Excerpt from my book, chapter 6, Mr. Racist


It has been a few weeks since I have blogged.  And so, I am back. I have decided to entertain you with an excerpt from chapter six of my book titled " Mr. Racist." 

The first paragraph sets up the situation of how my girlfriend Tanya and I decided to go speed dating. The few after that explains what I had experienced and heard from my 10-three minute dates. Enjoy!

  Online dating had not worked; neither had being set up. I needed another method to end my singleness, so my friend    Tanya and I decided to go speed dating. I figured this could be a safer way to approach dating and if I didn't like any of the eligible bachelors ( or vice versa ) , I could always chalk it up to fun night out with a girlfriend. 


   Tanya and I chose seats right next to each other, with me first in line to experience any possible weirdos. " Hey, I'll warn you of what's coming your way," I told her. 

    She looked at me and laughed.  " Thanks." 
    
    We heard the opening chime of the spoon to the glass, and the parade of bachelors began. My mini-dates went as follows:

    Bachelor #1: " I think I am drunk."

    Bachelor #2: " I am not a social person and really hate talking."

    Bachelor #3: " The girl next to us, the one I'm going to meet next , is that you friend? I think she may be more my type than you are."

    Bachelor #4: " I have to pee." 

    Bachelor#5: " Your a hairdresser? What would you do with my hair? "

    Bachelor#6: " I'm a bit older than this age bracket, but I fibbed the age detail because I like younger woman. Actually, my daughter is your age and I recently became a grandfather for the first time!"

    Bachelor#7:  " If your a hairdresser, can you tell I am wearing a toupee?"

    Bachelor#8:  " I work at a car dealership, just bought my own condo and love traveling. Stop! ,  I said in my head, I think we have a winner!  But for the sake of the last two guys and the fee I paid, I decided to hang in through the next 
    six minutes. 

    Bachelor#9: " I'm friends with the guy that thought your friend was more his type. If she isn't interested in him, do you think you could tell her I am interested i her as well?" 

   Bachelor#10:  Actually, I have no idea what my tenth date said. He didn't speak much english. And just like a thunder an lightening storm, my quick and easy dating night blew in and out, even quicker.


   " Tanya , I am exhausted and not in the mood to mingle anymore. Can we leave?"

    It turned out she was done too, and jerked her head towards the door. 

   " How many did you check off?" I asked.

   " Three. Bachelors three, seven and nine. How about you? "

   " Just one, number eight. And by the way, you might have a little love triangle with numbers three and nine." I explained the situation to her. 

  " Thanks for the heads up , " she said , "Let's get out of here." 

 And for my blog readers, I did go out with Bachelor #8 which is how he acquired his name of Mr. Racist.

No comments:

Post a Comment